<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 05, 2010

What happened to Christmas 

Can we still find it amidst all the shopping, the electric displays and the bettering the Jones folks?

I used to like going to my grandmother's at Christmas time because she had lights on her tree whereas my Dad was dead set "agin" them. We strung a lot of cranberries and popcorn and made more than one paper chain at our house. I'm lucky in having a collection of ornaments gifted me by friends and family and many of them are handcrafted (a plus). I tend to favor ornaments resembling birds (real or fantasy) and am always delighted to find one not before seen.

I am fortunate however that I can celebrate the holiday year round as several years ago my sis, Earlene made a miniature tree for me. It sits in glass domed splendor with heaps of packages underneath, wee ornaments and ropes of beads as well as tiny candles. It perches on a revolving base and never has to be dusted - just clean the glass once in a while and you're done. I leave it out in a place of honor always and when I move it is always hand carried by me. Don't want it to encounter a tragic mishap.

And yes, if I have a "normal" sized tree it is decorated with lights.

A very happy holiday season to all stitchers, their families and friends.

Labels:


Comments:
Christmas is where we left it... All we have to do is remember what's important - and handmade decorations do help there!
 
Merry Christmas to you, Linn. I'm going to try to make some Battenburg ornaments this year.

MarthaJeanne
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?